Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Iridescent Installations at Kehilla Community Synagogue Sanctuary, Piedmont


DSCN2284 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue Sanctuary

On March 21, I visited Kehilla Community Synagogue in Piedmont to see the art installation at the Sanctuary, by my friend, local artist Leah Korican.

Her feathery and iridescent installations were ethereal and suited to the sanctuary perfectly.  I've seen her similar installations before, but seeing them in situ, my appreciation of their simplicity and complexity expanded greatly.

DSCN2281 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2282 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue Sanctuary

DSCN2280 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2279 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2283 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue Sanctuary

DSCN2277 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2276 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2275 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2273 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2274 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2278 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary

DSCN2272 _ Kehilla Community Synagogue 
Sanctuary


Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Il Ghetto di Venezia and Museo Ebraico (Jewish Museum) in Venice
- My Favorite Artifacts at Jüdisches (Jewish) Museum, Vienna
- Late Night of Jewish Museum in Vienna
- Recent Installation and Gouache Paintings
- Stringed White Dresses - The Process of a New Installation

- Blanton Museum of Art, The University of Texas at Austin
- Doug + Mike Starn on the Roof: Big Bambú at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City




2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,

    Thank you for posting this! I like the photos you took. I hope your opening this weekend went well. I was hoping to come but I couldn't make it.

    xoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Thank you for posting this! I like the photos you took. I hope your opening this weekend went well. I was hoping to come but I couldn't make it.

    xoL

    ReplyDelete