Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Favorite Artworks in Kunsthaus, Graz, Austria

The ultra-modern museum, Kunsthaus, in Graz, Austria, was a distinctive architecture and its attraction is itself.

DSCN8995 _ View of Kunsthaus, Graz from Schloßberg, Graz, 8 October

DSCN9414 _ Kunsthaus, Graz, 9 October

DSCN9402 _ Kunsthaus, Graz, 9 October

That said, I did see some very interesting works in this museum during my 2012 visit to Graz.  My favorite item was an installation - a wooden forest flourishing under several intense circular florescent lights, suggesting a giant incubator, or an solemn, almost spiritual outer space, where several stars or planets converging upon alien soil.  Very intriguing.

DSCN9371 _ Kunsthaus, Graz, 9 October

My second favorite was a 30 minutes video, titled True False Else, white outlines of ever-morphing objects continuously expanded and contracted against a dark background, reminiscent of the famous William Kentridge's drawing animation.  Mesmerizing.

DSCN9349 _ True False Else, 1992, Constanze Ruhm, 30 min., Kunsthaus, Graz, 9 October
True False Else, 1992, Constanze Ruhm, 30 min.

My Favorite Museum Collection Series
>> My Favorite Museum Collection Series 91: My Favorite Paintings at Neue Galerie, Graz, Austria
<< My Favorite Museum Collection Series 89: My Favorite Artworks in Schloss Eggenberg, Graz, Austria

List of My Favorite Artworks in the Museums I've Visited


Other Related posts on Art · 文化 · Kunst:
- Niobe - An Installation
- Blanton Museum of Art, The University of Texas at Austin
- Art in the Streets of San Francisco
- Boy With Frog Sculpture and Punta della Dogana, Venice
- Doug + Mike Starn on the Roof: Big Bambú at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
- Provocative Exhibits on Race: Catharine Clark Gallery & Lawrence Hall of Science

No comments:

Post a Comment